Old announcements can be reached by clicking here.
SOCCER DOUBLE HEADER TONIGHT!!! Concessions Open!
The GHS Girls Varsity Soccer team takes on Rockville at home @ 5:15 pm.
Boys take on Rockville at home at 7:15 pm.
Students admission is $3 and Adults is $5
Students--bring canned foods and be entered to win a gift card! Parents, donations can be brought to the main office. Please click the picture below for more information.
PARENTS! We need some help at Homecoming!Can you spend a few hours helping out at the Homecoming dance?Ms. Keres needs you! Click here for the signup genius.Thanks!Last chance for senior portrait for the yearbook!Senior Portraits are scheduled by student on October 23 and 25.If you don’t know when your appointment is,you can find out by looking on the list postedon the outside of the Main Office Window.All appointments are here at GHS.There is no fee to only have your portrait included in the yearbook.There is a fee charged to take more than one type of photo.Please see Mrs. Donner in the Business Office if you haven’ttaken your Senior Portrait and your name is not on the list or if you have any questions.Announcements for October 18
Beginning on Monday, November 5, 2018, high schools students will be required to have affirmative consent from a parent/guardian to sign in to and use YouTube.
- Boys' Basketball Tryout Information Meeting on Wednesday, October 24th at 11:20 in Gym. Please be on time.
There will be an informational meeting about a trip to Paris and Barcelona this June 2019. The meeting will be on Tuesday, October 23rd at 6 pm in room 3074. Please see Mr. Payne if you have any questions.
THE BOYS VARSITY SOCCER TEAM IS UNDEFEATED! Watch for the playoff schedule! Gaithersburg High School Premier Booster group - La Barra Azul is selling t-shirts for sale $10 - Check with Saul Rodriguez or see Mrs. Henneman in room #1125 at lunch.
As previously announced:
- Students and staff interested in making up their year book photo, Lifetouch will be returning on Monday November 5th. Students who are interested make sure to go during your social studies class. Staff may go anytime.
- Please be advised in order to purchase Homecoming tickets starting on Oct.15th you must be obligation free. Check with the business office. Homecoming tickets are going on sale starting Oct 15th thru the 25th.
- Para recibir almuerzo gratis o precio reducido este año escolar, los estudiantes deben completar un formulario y devolver el formulario que recibieron en su clase de matemáticas a la oficina principal. Las formularios deben presentarse ahora para que se aprueben antes del 17 de octubre. Si los estudiantes no presentan una nueva solicitud para este año escolar a tiempo, serán responsables del costo total del almuerzo, que es de $ 2.80. Por favor vea a la Sra. Donner en la oficina principal si tiene alguna pregunta.
- Beginning on Monday, November 5, 2018, high schools students will be required to have affirmative consent from a parent/guardian to sign in to and use YouTube.
- Seniors, are you interested in exploring real world opportunities. Come by Ms. Shaws room in 3040 for an application for internships in Marketing, Politics, Human Resources and more! Come out and find your calling! Opportunities available at Asbury Methodist Village and with the Marc Elrich campaign team!
- PODER is running a canned food drive from Monday, October 15th through Friday, October 19th. Everyone who donates will be entered into a raffle to win prizes such as chipotle and amazon gift cards. The student who donates the most cans is a GUARANTEED winner! Please bring in the following items: canned goods, cereal boxes, pasta, and rice. We will be collecting donations all week from October 15th - October 19th in the cafeteria, or in Mr. O’Connell’s room, room 3016. Every can counts! Donate today and tell your friends!
- Rho Kappa applications due by Ocotber 31st. Please see Mr. Tsou in room 1118 for any questions.
- The Most Supportive Teacher Award (MST) for the month of September Winners are: Mrs. Nilda Keres, Mrs. Kimberly Jackson and Mr. Justin Ostry. The MST Award is sponsor by SGA and the students are the ones that nominates the teachers. Every month there is a google form going around.
- An opportunity to get SSL hours! Come out and join the Interact Club for a fun activity where students will be shoveling, transplanting flowers, lining flower beds and using hand tools. Dress comfortably! Bottled water and snacks will be provided. This opportunity will be held on Sunday October 28th at 10AM. Meet at Asbury Methodist Village located at 301 Odendhal Ave., Gaithersburg, MD 20877. We will be working until 4PM. Join us!! We will be holding an informational meeting on October 23rd about this event. Please join us in room 1115 at lunch to learn more.
- Attention all GHS students and staff! The students in the SCB program are collecting pet supplies for the Montgomery County Humane Society! Bring your old sheets, towels, blankets, pet food and supplies to the box in the main office. Students will be making dog toys and will be donating the supplies on October 19th! Thanks for your kindness and support!
- Do you know someone affected by breast cancer? October is breast cancer awareness month. The science national honor society will be holding a fundraiser to benefit the Susan G. Koman breast cancer foundation from October 15th thru October 26th. All proceeds will be donated to help advance research, promote and provide regular screenings and treatments, and to make progress in the mission to end breast cancer. During lunch, you can purchase pink breast cancer ribbons, bracelets, and candy. Ribbons are $1, Bracelets are $2, and Breast cancer bags are $3 or $5. Please show your support and help in any way you can to help in the fight against breast cancer.
- Hungry? Need a fresh start in the morning? Breakfast is served every day in the cafeteria – for free! Why go hungry when you can grab a bite to eat.
- 11th & 12th Grade AP English Students would you like to Tutor, Translate, Do Publicity, & Fundraise for the GHS Writing Center? If so, come to an Interest Meeting on Friday, October 19 at During Lunch in Room 2003. Gain SSL Hours & enjoy!
- The Most Supportive Teacher Award (MST) for the month of September Winners are: Mrs. Keres, Mrs. Jackson and Mr. Ostry. The MST Award is sponsor by SGA and the students are the ones that nominates the teachers. Every month there is a google form going around. Here is the QR Code for October Most Supportive Teacher Award.
- Freshmen interested in participating in the pep rally game, there will be a sign up at lunch today in the lower hall.
- 11th & 12th Grade AP English Students would you like to Tutor, Translate, Do Publicity, & Fundraise for the GHS Writing Center? If so, come to an Interest Meeting TODAY at During Lunch in Room 2003. Gain SSL Hours & enjoy!